2159 9666 | 9561 1000 | Contact Online | Location

Can I Take Up Employment in HK before My Working Visa is Approved?

If an individual wishes to come to HK to take up employment, an application for the Employment Visa should be submitted to and issued by the Immigration Department prior to the person travelling to the HKSAR.

Thus, any person scheduled to take up employment in the HKSAR and who has a visa application pending should wait until his or her Employment Visa is granted, before formally relocating to HK in pursuit of that employment.